If you’re struggling with managing your time, the good news is that there are a number of tried and true techniques you can try:
- Set a timer for 25 minutes of uninterrupted work
- Take a 5 minute break for coffee, to check social media, etc.
- After four, 30 minute sessions, give yourself a longer 15 minute break.
- Experiment with the duration of work blocks and breaks until you find one that works best for you.
- Pick a task/job/assignment to tackle on during a work block and work for as long as you can until you feel you need a break
- Depending upon how long you’ve worked, take the appropriate length break:
- Under 25 minutes: 5 minute break
- 25-50 minutes: 8 minute break
- 50-90 minutes: 10 minute break
- 90+ minutes: 15 minute break