In Spring 2020, the CoLab will launch a new faculty mentorship and development program, the CoLab Faculty Affiliates(CoFAs). Experienced faculty may apply to become CoFAs, serving as mentor/coordinators for a small group of mentees (2-3 faculty members).
During the spring 2020 term, this first CoFA cohort will work closely with staff in the CoLab to define and develop the program, including developing the call for faculty who wish to be mentored by a CoFA.
During FY21, CoFAs will provide feedback, advice, and further orientation for their assigned mentees Teams will meet throughout the academic year. The activity of each team will be coordinated and customized by the CoFA, who will have access to a small budget to support food and supplies for meetings. Both CoFAs and their assigned mentees will receive a modest monetary honorarium for the labor they put into the partnership.
- Work in the CoLab for 3 hours a week (beginning Spring 2020 through Spring 2021), for a combination of meetings, consulting hours with mentees, and project work
- Participate in new faculty orientation in August 2020
- Keep open lines of communication with CoLab over Summer 2020
- Present an event in the CoLab (workshop, Fast Blast, panel discussion) related to your area of pedagogical expertise or interest
- Attend other CoLab programs & events as availability permits
In addition, the work of this first cohort of CoFAs in Spring 2020 will include assisting CoLab staff with the design and development of the mentor/mentee program with a focus on transitioning professional development of faculty from the grant-funded CPLC to a permanent, operational structure.
- Willingness to engage and learn more about online and digital environments for teaching and learning
- Interest in cluster learning (open education, interdisciplinarity, and and project-based learning) as it is emerging at PSU
- Embody a collaborative and generous approach to work with faculty colleagues
- Commitment to publicly presenting and sharing your experiences and expertise to audiences at PSU and beyond
- $1000 to cover work over Spring-Summer 2020 and
- FY21 stipends TBD (likely $500/semester)
January 24th at 9PM